Life in My City Art Festival (LIMCAF) commenced in 2007 to encourage artistic creativity and awareness of environmental issues. It provides space through art for young people to make meaningful statements about the lived environment in Nigeria. It also encourages and empowers young artists throughout Nigeria by promoting and commercializing their creative endeavours on a national and international platform.
Life in My City Art Festival is an annual celebration of creativity in the Nigerian art landscape. It is the largest annual gathering of artists and stakeholders of visual arts in Nigeria, featuring exhibitions, symposia and workshops. It is the single largest exhibition of new works in Nigeria.
2015 THEME: BEYOND ALL ODDS
In all spheres of existence, humanity is faced with challenges which severely test the resilience of the human spirit. In confronting these existential issues, man has relied on his ingenuity, resourcefulness, innovative and improvisational abilities, as survivalist modes.
For the artist, these attributes can be creatively applied, using the different channels of artistic media, to address issues, as well as experiences that highlight the resilience of the human spirit to adapt to changes; move beyond all odds, and meaningfully appraise the past, positively engage the present and lay a better foundation for tomorrow.
- Enugu: Alliance Française, 40 Neni Street Ogui New Layout, Enugu 08182229977, 08037985682 Info@lifeinmycityartsfestival.org
- Jos: Alliance Française, Opposite Standard Building Gomwalk Road, Jos, Plateau State, 08034056198, 08068351254 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Owerri: Alliance Française, Shell camp Opposite AlvanIkoku C.O.E, Owerri, Imo State email@example.com
- Port Hacourt: Alliance Française, 13, Azikiwe Road Oldl-GRA, Port Harcourt, Rivers State firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lagos: Alliance Française, 239 Herbert Macaulay Street, Alagomeji, Yaba email@example.com
- Kaduna: Alliance Française, 10 UmaruGwandu Road; Malali GRA, Kaduna, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ibadan: Alliance Française, 7th Day Adventist Road, Behind Magistrate Court Iyaganku, Ibadan, Oyo State email@example.com
- Abuja:Institut Français du Nigeria, 52 Libreville Street, off Aminu Kano Crescent, Wuse II, Abuja, 08059478456, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Auchi: c/o Kent Onah, Department of Painting, School of Art and Design, Federal Poly, Auchi, 08035772109, email@example.com
- Uyo: National Gallery, Uyo. Stephen 08060082552 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Calabar: Periwinkle Gallery, Tinapa, Calabar, Erasmus Onyishi , 08039512335, email@example.com
Clear Photographs of entries or digital images of entries in CD
A brief bio-data of artist (not more than 100 words) including Institutions attended with dates, Art Training, Place of Origin, Awards received/Prizes won, Important exhibitions
Referee contact information
Each entry should include details of the artwork (title, medium, size, year of production).
Deadline for submission of entries: June 30, 2015. Works not received on or before the deadline will not be accepted. The decision of the juries as far as selections are concerned is final and cannot be appealed.
Each participant is entitled to a maximum of two (2) entries out of which only one may be selected.
Please note that only original artworks will be accepted. Reproductions and prints of original artworks are not allowed. Please note that works which have been entered for any other competition elsewhere or works whose ownership have been transferred either through sale or otherwise will not be accepted.
DEADLINE for submission of entries: June 30, 2015.