As part of the 5th edition of the Franco-Japanese animated film Festival to be held in Abuja on Friday the 6th of December 2019, the Institut français du Nigeria and the Embassy of Japan in Nigeria are launching a new call for animated short-films. Are you a director of animated films and bearer of a recent personal and original film project? You have until November 8, 2019 to submit your film!
2 awards to win:
– 1st prize: 150 000 NGN – selection committee *
– 2nd prize: 100 000 NGN – audience choice; to be chosen on the 6th of December 2019.
Deadline for application: Friday, November 8, 2019 at 6 PM
Registration fee: Free of charge
– Film completed
– Minimum duration, without the credits: 3 minutes
– Maximum duration, including the credits: 15 minutes
– Film produced within the past 3 years (from 2017 included to 2019 included)
– Film produced by a Nigeria-registered company
– Film directed by a Nigerian filmmaker
Rules and regulations:
Download the regulation here (PDF – 68 KB)
How to submit your film:
Fill in the online form
For more info, contact Cécile MERCIER, Cultural program officer of the Institut français du Nigéria at: email@example.com.
*the selection committee includes a French expert of the audio-visual sector, a representative of the Japanese Embassy, a Nigerian cultural entrepreneur and a representative of the Nigerian Ministry of Information and Culture.