La Fabrique Cinéma is a programme of the Institut français (headquarters in Paris) dedicated to new talented filmmakers from Southern and emerging countries. Each year, 10 projects in development (first or second feature films) are selected and invited to Cannes Film Festival. The aim is to create concrete opportunities for these projects by providing access to different activities and personalized support through one-to-one and group meetings with key players in the film industry.
The call for entries for La Fabrique Cinéma de l’Institut français 2020 is now online:
- project film in development must be the director’s first or second feature-length (fiction, documentary or animation);
- the director and the producer must come from one of the eligible countries;
- the project must have a producer from one of the eligible countries who has produced a short- or feature-length film in the last five years;
- each director or production company may only submit one film project;
- due to the international environment of the Cannes Market, the director and the producer must speak English.
The registration deadline will be announced once the 120th eligible application will be received or at beginning of November 2019, at the latest. The website will be updated regularly regarding the number of submissions received.